Front 4 Piston Brake Caliper - 00-17 Touring / Softail / Dyna / V-Rod
1) Front 4 Piston Brake Caliper
Our latest introduction is the 500 series differential bore 4 piston caliper. Engineered from the ground up, it features a smaller diameter piston at the lead-in of the rotor and a larger piston on the trailing side. The design causes an equalizing of the heat distribution throughout the brake pad to rotor interface which in turn provides optimum friction dynamics. In addition, the differential bore ratio and total volumetric displacement are correctly sized to promote the best brake caliper response and brake lever feel. The other major design change is the incorporation of dual piston seals. What this does is provide each piston with 2 layers of protection, a special wiper seal that prevents contamination from attacking the main pressure seal thereby promoting long term leakproof operation. In addition, this new sealing system improves piston pullback which reduces brake pad drag on the rotor.
- Precision CNC-machined billet aluminum construction
- Chrome finish (unless noted)
- Feature stainless steel pistons and chrome hardware
- Quick-change design for easy pad maintenance
- Dual, hidden bleeders for easy bleeding
- Differential bore technology
- Billet aluminum brackets are included where required
- Made in the U.S.A.